You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, and Häagen-Dazs, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is encouraged, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
Let’s challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. Here at Nestlé USA, you are empowered to become a student of the business and deliver the best to our consumers and your peers. We’re inviting forward-thinking and courageous future leaders to embrace an entrepreneurial mindset and start their journey of growth!
If you’re a current undergraduate student eager to make an impact on an enormous scale, take strides into greatness and pursue your career with Nestlé USA.
What to expect:
At Nestlé, we offer a paid, 6-month co-op program in Packaging during the Spring school semester (January – June), with the possibility of extending through the summer breaks. Our Packaging team leads all aspects of the entire development process, from design to manufacturing. Students are given real-life responsibilities through involvement in various activities, initiatives and the chance to lead their own major projects. The projects will vary in complexity and provide good exposure to a wide range of packaging materials and technologies.
We give students the opportunity to assist in the development and industrialization of new packaging initiatives, quality improvements, cost optimization, and improved line efficiency efforts. You may also have exposure to different experiences and projects. These may include: factory visits, qualifying materials or molds, leading a line trial, performing laboratory testing, developing protocols, creating technical reports and/or attending trade shows. In addition, these individuals will provide technical assistance to various internal departments to support business goals and will interact with Nestlé factory staff, internal customers as well as external vendors.
This program is designed to develop future professionals for our Packaging function. We are looking for individuals with the right mix of talent and enthusiasm with shown leadership skills, strong analytical and communication skills and the ability to work in a team setting.
- Lead sustainability/productivity initiatives to help reduce the material usage of existing packaging platforms by identifying, testing, and qualifying different materials or processes
- Conduct extensive testing to evaluate product and package performance in a real world environment
- Design a new package format for different channels of trade (e.g. Club stores, Value, & Grocery)
- Assist in preparation of documentation and specifications for packaging materials
Assignments for co-op program will be located in Solon, OH, Arlington, VA or Seattle, WA.
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program with major in Packaging Science, Packaging Engineering or other related field during the co-op program
- For Spring (January – June/July 2020) Co-Op:
- Bachelor’s degree to be completed before or in Fall 2023
- Must have completed packaging introduction course
- GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
At least 12 credits or two years of Materials Science, Distribution Packaging and/or Food Packaging already completed before the start of the co-op.
- Willing to relocate if necessary for assignment
- Willing to work a six month work assignment during a school semester
- Willing to travel to factory locations throughout the nation as needed
- Sponsorship for work visas are not available for this program
Knowledge and Skills:
Strong communication skills
Analytical skills for data tracking and results analysis
Strong problem solving skills and a continuous improvement mindset
Presentation creation and delivery skills
Collaborative and able to work in a team environment
Demonstrate outstanding learning capabilities
Ability to deliver results on challenging assignments
Potential opportunity for full-time employment within Packaging team based on performance in the role
Exposure to senior leadership/project presentation
Immersion into a dynamic and collaborative work culture with diverse colleagues
Work with an influential industry leader in consumer packaged goods
Volunteer in community service opportunities with a variety of Nestlé
Creating Share Valued Organizations (e.g. Feeding America, Boys and Girls Club, etc.)
Furnished subsidized housing and relocation for qualified individuals
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.