The Design Engineer will be responsible for carrying out duties withinthe Engineering department, including Directing and coordinating lab testing, design,research, prototyping, engineering documentation, estimations and processimprovements. The Design Engineer withreport directly to the Manager of Engineering and collaborate with ProjectEngineers, Lab personnel, Designers, Production personal,QA and Manufacturing Engineer.
- Complete Documentation of Mechanical and Electrical designs including 2D and 3D Drawings, wiring diagrams, plumbing and instrumentation diagrams.
- Be able to leverage 3D printing to produce part prototype when needed.
- Design parts and assemblies of complete beverage dispensers using Autodesk Inventor
- Assist with complete Bills of Material to develop cost models and assembly protocols
- Assemble and/or direct the assembly of components for testing in Lab/Shop
- Work with Project Engineers setting up Test Protocols and overseeing lab testing
- Lead Mechanical Design Projects including design of fabricated, molded or machines components
- Work with Vendors on stock components and/or custom designed components
- Run engineering Data and measurement analysis – Geometric and Dimension tolerance analysis on parts
- Maintain engineering “Deliverables” digital engineering drawing files
- Vendor set-up, PO’s and other administrative tasks
- Work as the liaison between the testing & validation lab and Project and manufacturing Engineers
- Deliver Cost improvement Analysis (Technical & financial)
- Establish performance centerlines and produce troubleshooting schemes to navigate around equipment failure root causes and develop action plans
- Other duties as assigned
- Will report to the Manager of Engineering
- Guidance would be as needed, minimal direction following the issue of the SOW, design plan or set Protocol
- Work close with the Project Engineers for direction for the Designers
- Supervise lab technicians
- Direct the testing between the Project Engineer and Lab technicians (the liaison), with the expectation that the incumbent will oversee statistically grounded lab testing and system validation and deliver complete and thorough written test protocol. The incumbent is to deliver a complete and detailed Lab test report upon completion and based on the established test Protocol. The objective and set-up of the test is between the PE and Design Engineer.
REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University with a Major in an Engineering or related field (Mechanical preferred)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as Lead Designer
- A minimum of 5 years in the engineering field
EXPERIENCE / REQUIRED SKILLS
- Proficiency in Solid Modeling, Autodesk Inventor
- Familiar with ERP/MRP systems
- SAP Experience a plus
- Microsoft Office and Project management proficient
- Sheet metal, packaging equipment, plastic component and injection/vacuum mold design experience preferred
- Creative thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills and a wide degree of latitude is expected
- Familiar with a variety of the mechanical concepts, practices, procedures and manufacturing processes
- Establish drafting standards, prototyping concepts, best practices, and manufacturing processes
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan andaccomplish goals.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.