POSITION SUMMARY: Industrial Services Engineer is accountable for the supply of required industrial services (IS) for the plant and the safe reliable and efficient operation and maintenance of the industrial services equipment and supply services for all areas of Industrial Services.
Primary industrial services responsibilities are:
* Steam and hot water generation and distribution, including condensate recovery
* Refrigeration and Chilled water (and/or other cold medium) generation and distribution
* Potable and process water treatment, supply and distribution system
* Compressed air generation and distribution
* AHU & HVAC system
* Waste water system and treatment
* Energy efficiency and resource conservation of these utilities
* Be accountable for the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the industrial services to meet the operation’s demand. This includes management of the IS operators and technicians, providing direction, and developing their capability and performance. IS operation includes ensuring services are provided in the right quantity and quality, reliably and efficiently, minimizing cost and environmental impact.
* Ensure that the IS equipment is maintained for safe reliable and long term operation in a cost effective manner including appropriate use of planned and predictive maintenance utilizing SAP AMM and Nestlé’s Maintenance Strategy while minimizing the impact on production. This includes management of the associated cost within the maintenance budget.
* Compliance with all federal, state, local and internal Nestle requirements from design through operation and maintenance of the IS plant. Ensure all staff are aware of requirements and their responsibility. Keep updated documentation of the plant and its compliance including a strong change management process.
* Ensure the efficient operation of all utility systems minimizing the use of natural resources, energy, and the impact on the environment. Drive resource conservation and awareness within the facility in alignment with Nestle.
* Continuous improvement and execution of capital and operational projects within the IS area utilizing NCE concepts.
* Close coordination with other departments such as quality, safety, production, finance, human resources, as well as within engineering (maintenance, stores, automation, projects) and externally with vendors, contractors and regulatory bodies. Ensure local and corporate management is aware and aligned on all regulatory or NGO contacts.
* Develop expertise in the IS discipline for continuous support and improvement of the IS operation. Participate in professional activities as required. Review industry best practices and evaluate application and benefits in the IS area.
Strategic and tactical direction from the Factory Engineer. Be able to work with little or no supervision. Regular communication with corporate on technical and strategic areas. Overall work priority and progress through the OMP reviews.
Responsible for supervision of IS supervisors, IS operators and technical staff.
Direct management of the IS operational and maintenance budgets and costs. Indirect impact on the complete factory operation through the provision of sufficient, reliable, safe and quality industrial services necessary to run the whole site. Manages highly regulated and hazardous systems.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Process Engineering.
* Licensed engineer and/or certified energy manager.
* Minimum 5 years of engineering experience.
* Minimum 3 years’ experience in Industrial Services. In case of Ammonia Refrigeration on site, this must include refrigeration PSM/RMP experience.
* 2-3 years supervisory experience in management of operational and maintenance teams.*
* Good organizational and multitasking skills – ability to balance and prioritize multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
* Strong management and leadership skills.
* Competent IS systems knowledge.
* Strong interpersonal skills to be able to work in a collaborative team environment.
* Strong communication and presentation skills.
* High proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
* SAP knowledge desirable.
* Knowledge on applicable regulations and standards (OSHA, EPA, ASME, ANSI, PSM/RMP and industry best practices)
* Desirable experience in the food industry.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.