You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, Lean Cuisine, and HÄagen-Dazs, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is encouraged, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
Let’s challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. Here at Nestlé USA, you are empowered to become a student of the business and deliver the best to our consumers and your peers. We’re inviting forward-thinking and courageous future leaders to embrace an entrepreneurial mindset and start their journey of growth!
If you’re a current undergraduate student eager to make an impact on an enormous scale, take strides into greatness and pursue your career with Nestlé USA.
What to expect:
The Development Program is designed to accelerate the promotion of highly qualified sales professionals and is the ideal fast track for students eager to pursue a sales management career.
The accelerated development program provides immense opportunities to learn about Nestlé’s brands, categories, and channels of business. Throughout the rotational program, participants manage an independent sales territory; drive the business forward by motivating a team; and perform data analysis to providing actionable insights to the category and category account teams. Graduates utilize their knowledge and experiences to propel their career forward as they explore multiple careers across the sales Organization.
Here is a breakdown of the leadership program:
National On-Boarding – First week at Nestlé USA
Week one with Nestlé USA will start by participating in National On-Boarding with team members and peers from other Leadership Programs across the organization, such as: supply-chain, physical logistics, human resources, finance, and marketing. Across the first week, participants develop crucial foundational knowledge before heading into the field for role specific training. At National On-Boarding you can expect to participate in networking events; participate in a Nestlé Cares volunteer activity; and have face-time with business leaders who continue to emphasize the value of our leadership development programs.
Rotation 1: Nestlé Retail Sales Representative (RSR) – 9 month rotation
Following National On-Boarding, you travel to your new city – exact location assignments are determined in advance of your start and are based strictly on business need – to service your Nestlé USA accounts. You are responsible for a specific sales territory and are empowered to make business decisions to drive encouraged results. You benefit from a structured development program, including comprehensive training inclusive of in the field and classroom training. The focus is executing as an individual contributor that develops retail business plans using data driven sales techniques and 4P Excellence. Retail Sales Representative make meaningful contributions to their territory that directly impact the entire organization!
Rotation 2: Retail Sales Manager – Designate – 12 month rotation
The second rotation requires participants to relocate and transition to a Retail Sales Manager – Designate position and receive hands-on instruction to become a People Leader focused on balancing aspects of day-to-day sales, sales operations, scheduling, training, and performance management for a mini team of employees. You enable results through others to achieve assigned team goals. This role focuses on developing leadership and management skills and is located in the same cities as major client accounts..
Rotation 3: Sales Associate Development – 3 – 6 month rotation
In the final rotation participants receive instruction and hands-on learning from high-performing Analysts and Associates. You are running analytical data and translating the information into actionable plans to solve business needs. You’ll compile data to support both category (beverage, baking, global foods) and customer (Target, Walmart, Alhold-Delhaize, Kroger) strategy.
At the completion of your third rotation, you official graduate and pursue a career within the Nestlé Sales Organization. These highly sought after positions are comprehensive, interactive and strategically coordinated into our Sales department. The commonality is they all support a specific headquarter account team and Nestlé Division. You will capitalize on your experiences during the previous three rotations to excel in your next position.
The opportunity is based throughout the country and relocation is required one to two times throughout the program.
* Bachelor’s Degree conferred by June 2020
* Majors in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, Sales Management, Data or Business Analytics, Agricultural Business
* Preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
* Previous Sales Co-Op/Internship or other practical experience in a CPG industry preferred
* Valid Driver’s license required; if offered a position, driving record must meet company Motor Vehicle Policy
* Leadership in an extra-curricular activity or organization
* Operate a motor vehicle
* Must be able to bend, lift, open and move product weighing up to 30 pounds up to 50% of the time.
* Ability to relocate up to 1 – 2 times during the duration of the program
* Travel required
Knowledge & Skills
* Possess excellent analytical skills and ability to utilize basic Excel functions
* Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Able to build comprehensive presentations in PowerPoint
* Demonstrate outstanding ability to embrace change and learn quickly in a fast-paced, complex environment
* Comfortable working in an independent and team setting
* Learn and use Nestlé Sales technologies and tools
* Exposure to senior leadership through project presentation.
* Participation in a formal mentorship program.
* Support from dedicated Nestlé Sales Development Program Managers within Learning & Organizational Development and Recruiting.
* Opportunity to network with various divisions and employees across the company.
* Work with an influential industry leader in consumer packaged goods (Fortune Magazine)
* Access to company vehicle (includes: fuel, insurance and maintenance).
* Volunteer in a community service opportunity with one of Nestlé’s Share Valued Organizations (e.g. Boys & Girls Club of America & Nestlé Adopt-A-School Program)
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.